Please scroll down to view our latest programs and news.|
UC Commitment to Diversity
The University of California has continuously stated its commitment to excellence through diversity. For more information, go to www.oeod.uci.edu/comtodiv.html
It's on Us
Chancellor, Students Pledge to Take Stand Against Sexual Assault
Chancellor Howard Gillman is flanked by ASUCI President Reza Zomorrodian (left) and AGS President Sonali Madireddi at “It’s On Us” pledge signing Oct. 6.
Photo: Steve Zylius / UC Irvine
UCI unveiled a sexual offense information website for faculty, staff and students to learn more about campus policies and how to identify and report an offense; the site also provides resources for victims.
Please join us in pledging to end sexual violence in our community. TAKE THE PLEDGE
Looking to network?
Join a Diversity Affinity Group!
Faculty and staff diversity affinity groups foster cross-departmental social interaction, professional networking, cultural competencies, recruiting and mentoring. Diversity affinity groups also offer the UCI community at large an opportunity to consult with group members as an information resource.
Current diversity affinity groups at UC Irvine include:
* Asian American Faculty and Staff Association
* Black Faculty and Staff Association
* Chicano/Latino Staff Association
* Native American Faculty and Staff Association
* Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender Staff and Faculty Network
* Faculty and Staff Veterans
* Academic and Professional Women of UC Irvine
For more information, go to www.oeod.uci.edu/affinity.
1) Provost Gillman is advancing inclusive excellence in academic recruitments. For more information go to the ADVANCE Program website.
2) Diversity Affinity Groups meet to increase visibility in UCI community.
3) Check out the UCI Diversity web page www.uci.edu/diversity for campus-wide diversity resources, events, and information.
Inquiries regarding the University's nondiscrimination, affirmative action, sexual harassment and sexual violence/sex offense policies may be directed to:
Reporting Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, and Sex Offense:
Kirsten K. Quanbeck
For the basics on OEOD's role and services, go to What OEOD Does.
Associate Vice Chancellor — Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
Director of the Office of Equal Opportunity and Diversity
Title IX / Sexual Harassment Officer
Office of Equal Opportunity and Diversity
103 Multipurpose Science and Technology Building
Irvine, CA 92697-1130
Phone: (949) 824-5594